Ready to load up the family and take a vacation or thinking about traveling the world with your partner? Every newbie needs some guidelines. Here are some tips that will have you prepared and ready to hit the road.
- Buying or Renting. Typically if you are thinking of buying or are just wanting to take a single trip, renting would be suitable. If you plan on traveling the world, living on the road, or taking multiple trips it is worth buying.
- Learn Your Rv. Whether you are renting or own your rig, getting to know the operations is vital. Being able to prevent or fix any issues that may arise by knowledge of how things work will save your hard earned money. Sometimes getting used to the breakers, plumbing, restroom issues can make all the difference when a situation arises.
- Practice Driving First. Being a beginner, it is safer to test the waters. Drive your rig down similar roads as to where you will be driving on your trip. This will make things more comfortable and stress free when you know what to expect. Everything is different from changing lanes, driving up or downhill, and even parking. To add people moving around in the living space while driving. Take those sharp turns until you feel safe. This will also let you fix any issues like drawers or cabinets popping open.
- Tools and Spare parts. Staying prepared is important. Having the tools needed to fix minor issues will be time and money saving for you in the long run. The best way to stay prepared would be to have a toolbox with different tools, nuts, bolts, hoses, wires, fuses, light bulbs, etc. There will be things that need to be fixed. Getting to know your rig will help you to know what is needed exactly. Waiting for parts to be shipped can be costly and time consuming. Don’t waste your precious time waiting on parts.
- Plan Plan Plan. Do not just jump in your rv and head out for the road. Be sure to plan out the major parts of your trip. Knowing where you are going, the roads that lead there, weather, traffic patterns, etc. Anything can happen at any time. Being prepared to handle any type of issues can be the only thing to save your family. Don’t plan every minute but, make sure to research before leaving out.